Roboworker launches RPS Compact for precision part handling
August 18, 2020
Roboworker Automation GmbH, headquartered in Weingarten, Germany, a producer and supplier of automation and inspection systems, reports that it has launched the RPS Compact, a new machine for precision part handling.
The RPS Compact can sustainably increase the productivity of all manufacturers of high-quality small parts (< 100 mm), states the company. The basic system consists of tried and tested modules for tray and parts handling, which can be flexibly combined with each other. It can be extended with various inspection functionalities or sample processing using the latest software technologies and image processing systems.
According to Roboworker, the almost teach-free system can be set up in a very short time and is then ready for operation and equipped for new products. Having an optimised footprint, the RPS Compact is available as a stand-alone version for manual loading as well as with a docking system for loading via AGV or for inline integration.
Key characteristics of the RPS Compact system include:
- Portal robot with combi grippers for flexible tray handling
- Precision robot with an integrated gripper exchange interface, as well as an interface for position detection
- Universal gripper set for all kinds of part and a gripper station for automatic gripper change
- Automatic change-over to the next order and part type
- Simple operation via a touch screen, with the latest HMI and Windows 10 based control technology
- Optional connection to ERP system