[email protected] seminar focuses on combustion of iron powder
March 22, 2023
Metalot, Budel, the Netherlands, has announced that it will host an event in its [email protected] series focusing on the use of combustion technologies to release energy from iron powder.
During the seminar, the progress of Metalot and its partners and will showcase the organisation’s industrial demonstrator, which aims to burn iron powder to release high-temperature heat, and provide steam in industrial conditions.
THE WORLD OF POWDER METALLURGY TO YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
The programme is made up of the following presentations:
- Metalot: vision of Iron Power, Tim Spee (Metalot)
- Experimental research on Iron Power, Jesse Hameete (TU/e)
- Numerical research on Iron Power, Giel Ramaekers (TU/e)
- Iron fuel combustion development, RIFT
- Hydrogen formation by the steam iron process, SOLID
- OP Zuid combustion development, Guy Willems (EM Group), Henk Ouwerkerk (HeatPower) and Niek van Rooij (TU/e)
Metalot combines the advanced knowledge and experience of scientists, government agencies, students and entrepreneurs in an effort to accelerate sustainable, circular developments in the field of metals and energy.
The event will not be live-streamed, but will be available to watch from late March. A further seminar, focused on transforming iron powder into a sustainable resource, will take place in May.
More information here .