Programme details and Plenary Speakers have been announced for the 4th International Conference on Powder Metallurgy in Asia (APMA 2017), Hsinchu, Taiwan, April 9-11, 2017. The international event, organised by Taiwan Powders and Powder Metallurgy Association, will feature an all topic technical programme that showcases the capabilities of Powder Metallurgy.
The full technical programme has been published on the APMA 2017 website. Topics covered include:
- High-performance PM processing and applications
- PM materials
- Powder Injection Moulding (MIM/CIM)
- Refractory metals and hard materials
- Electronic and magnetic materials
- Green energy materials and devices (SOFC/Li Battery)
- Additive Manufacturing
Over the course of the conference, attendees will have the opportunity to attend a number of industry symposiums featuring technical sessions, lectures and exhibitions.
The following Plenary Speakers have been announced for APMA 2017.
- Dr Lars-Olov Pennander, SMC Business Development Manager, Höganäs, Sweden – “PM Opportunities in Extended Electrification and e-Mobility Applications by Soft Magnetic Composites”
- Dr Hideshi Miura, President, Japan Society of Powder Metallurgy (JSPM), Japan – “Development of High-Performance Injection Moulded Ti-6Al-4V Alloy Compacts for Aerospace Application”
- Ingo Cremer, Chief Executive Officer, CREMER Thermoprozessanlagen GmbH, Germany – “Furnaces are an Essential Part of Powder Metallurgy”
- Josef Spensberger, Deputy Managing Director, DORST Technologies, Germany – “Industry 4.0 – The Challenge for the PM Industry from the Viewpoint of a Press Maker”