‘Powder Metallurgy in Sweden’ covers a century of industry development
March 28, 2023
A book entitled ‘Powder Metallurgy in Sweden – 100 Years of Development’ has been published by Jernkontoret, the Swedish iron & steel producers’ association headquartered in Stockholm. Spanning 432 pages, with contributions from over thirty authors, the book is intended to provide an overview of Powder Metallurgy in Sweden and its technical development over the last century.
The book, written in English, tells of the early experiments with Powder Metallurgy in the 1920s and the steps taken to the present day. It showcases individuals and their inventions, explaining how this entrepreneurship paved the way for Swedish companies to become pioneers in the technology.
THE WORLD OF POWDER METALLURGY TO YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
The book’s contents include:
- Introduction to Powder Metallurgy in Sweden
- Powder Metallurgy activities in Sweden, an international perspective
- Cemented Carbides (Hard Metals)
- Structural Components, Iron and Steel Powder and Uranium Dioxide Pellets
- High Alloy PM Products made by Gas Atomisation and Hot Consolidation
- Diamond Tools
- Metal Additive Manufacturing
- Research and Development
The project was originally chaired by powder metallurgist Olle Grinder. Following his passing in 2018, the book has seen completion under Jan Tengzelius, former Technological Director of Future Technologies at Höganäs AB.
‘Powder Metallurgy in Sweden – 100 years of development’ is available for purchase here.