Organised by the Wolfson Centre for Bulk Solids Handling Technology, the Powder and Dust Containment short course offers participants the opportunity to learn how to reduce the risk of working with hazardous powders. The course will take place on 25 September 2012 at the University of Greenwich, Medway campus, Kent, UK.
The one-day course will focus on the handling of powders and will help to identify and assess risk within processing systems. Also covered are the effective storage of powders and the factors affecting the performance of the materials.
- Perceptions of dust and consequences of exposure
- Key principles and equipment for air flow capture systems including H&SE Guidance HSG258
- Key principles and equipment for barrier systems
- The Workplace Exposure Limit, equipment performance expectations and performance verification
- Factors affecting performance such as ergonomics, worker behaviour and powder characteristics
- H&SE guidance for workplace exposure limit setting
- Risk assessment approaches
- Exposure scenarios, as defined within REACH legislation, for more hazardous materials
Posted by: Paul Whittaker, Editor ipmd.net, [email protected]