The Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF)’s Powder Metallurgy Machinability Seminar will take place online this year from April 19–22, 2021. The seminar is designed to offer in-depth knowledge and understanding of both the fundamental and practical aspects of machining PM parts.
Machining is a value-added process that continues to evolve with new machinability additives for powders, cutting tools and techniques. The PM Machinability Seminar returns for the first time since 2017 to address these advancements.
The course will offer:
- Fundamental knowledge of machining and tooling
- An end-user’s view of suppliers’ machining capabilities
- How to improve additive machinability
- How to select the right cutting fluid & economics of tool choice
- How coatings can reduce tool wear
- The impact PM material morphology has on machining
- Numerous case studies
This seminar contains nearly fourteen hours of technical content. The online format allows registrants to watch anytime between the dates of April 19, 2021, 8:00 a.m. EST and April 22, 2021, 8:00 p.m. EST.
Early registration discounts are available until March 12, 2021.