Major global auto producers to present their latest innovations at Dritev 2019
January 14, 2019
A number of OEM presentations by key global automotive producers have been announced for the Dritev – Drivetrain for Vehicles congress, organised by VDI Wissenforum, which will run in Bonn, Germany, from July 10–11, 2019. The congress addresses current developments and challenges in the vehicle drivetrain industry, from electrification to Noise Vibration Harshness (NVH).
The congress schedule comprises a programme of lectures, presentations and parallel events, and is expected to host more than 1,500 developers, around 100 international exhibitors and 80 specialist speakers, making it what is believed to be one of the largest networking platforms for automotive powertrain and transmission development.
It has so far been revealed that presentations will be held by the following companies:
- Toyota: Development of a new hybrid AWD system for the SUV segment
- Audi: Effective acoustics development of electrified powertrains
- Volvo: Modular electric axle drive
- Volkswagen: Efficient 6-speed manual transmission for modern downspeeding concepts
- Ford: Electric torque vectoring for electrified vehicles
- Daimler zum neuen 8-Gang DCT als Allrad-Variante (the new 8-speed DCT as a four-wheel drive variant)
- Rimac and ZG: 48V hybridisation for manual transmission
- Porsche: Holistic design approach for electric drives
At the accompanying VDI specialist conference ‘Powertrain Solutions for Commercial Vehicles’, numerous powertrain development experts from Germany and abroad will to discuss drive and transmission concepts, market development and possible operating strategies. In addition, the international VDI conference’ EDrive’ will run parallel to Dritev, providing an in-depth look at the systemic and component-related development of electrified powertrains.