Kanthal to showcase electric heating solutions at Green Steel World 2023
March 22, 2023
Swedish heating technology company Kanthal has announced that it will showcase its electric heating solutions at the Green Steel World conference, scheduled to take place April 4-5, 2023, in Essen, Germany.
As one of the speakers at the Green Steel World Conference, Dilip Chandrasekaran, Kanthal Business Development Manager, will present benefits and advantages of electric heating in steelmaking processes. His presentation will cover:
- How switching from gas heating to electric can effectively make heat treatment processes emissions-free
- How electric heating can deliver thermal efficiency of over 90%
- Why electric heaters offer effectively maintenance-free operation
- How electrification can reduce or remove CO2 emissions in a number of steel making processes
- Why electric heating technology is set to play an important role in the steel industry’s transition to a fossil fuel-free future
Chandrasekaran’s talk will take place April 4, at 4-4:30 PM.
THE WORLD OF POWDER METALLURGY TO YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Kanthal will be on stand at 24/D10 through the event. The company also invites attendees to test their knowledge in a quiz, for which it donates €10 per submission to the WWF.
Green Steel World is a platform dedicated to advancing and promoting the decarbonisation of the global steel industry. At its expo & conference events, visitors can see and discuss the latest projects, products and services available to decarbonise the steel industries and to reduce global CO2 emissions.