The Powder Metallurgy Association of India (PMAI) has announced dates and issued a call for papers for its PM14 International Conference on Powder Metallurgy and Particulate Materials & Exhibition. The popular event will take place January 23-25 2014 in Chennai, India.
Chennai has been an automotive hub since the 1960s with large manufacturers of auto parts as well as hundreds of SMEs in Ambattur and Guindy.
A comprehensive technical programme will include the following topics:
- Modeling of PM parts & processes
- Materials & alloy development
- Powder production & characterisation
- Compaction & other forming processes
- Compaction equipment
- Sintering & sintering equipment
- Hard metals & diamond tools
- Refractory metals
- Ceramics & composites
- Materials for aerospace and defence applications
- Testing & evaluation of PM parts
- Health, safety & environment
- Energy conservation
- Materials for alternate energy generation.
- Advances in equipment design
- Medical applications
- PIM (MIM & CIM) technology
- Laser sintering, cladding and coating
- Magnetic materials, SMC & hard magnets
- Additive manufacturing
PM14 will also include a special session focussing on PM in the development of functionally gradient components, parts that are made up of different materials, each performing a specific function.
Organisers of the event have requested that abstracts of papers for oral presentation as well as posters should be submitted no later than October 30, 2013.