A one day workshop organised by the Institute of Materials, Minerals & Mining’s Material Science & Technology division (IOM3 MSTD), and co-sponsored by the European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA), entitled ‘HIP Processing for Extreme Environments’, will take place on November 16, 2011, at the Riverside Centre, Derby, UK.
“HIP Processing for Extreme Environments” will be a showcase of the proven ability of the rapidly developing Hot Isostatic Pressing sector to provide solutions for products operating in such conditions. The workshop will bring together a range of world leading experts from industry and academia who will look at:
- The HIP process and Capabilities of HIP equipment
- Fundamentals of HIP materials compared to other process technologies
- Future developments in the sector
- The experience of end users of HIP technology
This is an excellent opportunity for engineers, material scientists and designers in the automotive, aerospace, energy, medical and offshore industries to increase their awareness of the solutions provided by HIP.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Bodycote HIP Ltd the leading international group who will provide an overview of the sector
- Avure Technologies manufacturers of the world’s largest HIP vessel
- AIMS Ltd a UK based supplier of HIP solutions
- Carpenter Powder Products one of the world’s leading suppliers of gas atomised powders
- Aachen and Birmingham Universities two of Europe’s key research centres
- Rolls Royce and Sandvik multinational industrial groups who are actively involved in using the HIP process.
For more information contact: www.iom3.org
Edited by: Paul Whittaker, Editor ipmd.net, [email protected]