First 3D Metrology Conference to take place in Aachen
September 9, 2016
The first 3D Metrology Conference, 3DMC 2016, is scheduled to take place in Aachen, Germany, November 22-24, 2016. The new conference and exhibition is dedicated to the application and development of 3D measurement technology for industrial, scientific and cultural purposes.
After working on the development of the European Portable Metrology Conference, held annually in the UK, the 3DMC committee has selected to host this new event in mainland Europe. The event is aimed at end users of 3D metrology systems, equipment and software suppliers, service providers, researchers and procurement and quality managers.
The scope of the conference includes:
- The technology and applications of portable coordinate metrology
- 3D metrology for advance manufacturing
- Automation and in-process metrology
- Industrial requirements and the future technologies driving 3D metrology development
- Augmented reality
- Measurement uncertainty and traceability
The organiser has stated that those interested in presenting work as a speaker or with a poster are invited to submit an abstract by September 30, 2016.