The European Powder Metallurgy Association is now accepting entries for the EPMA Powder Metallurgy Component Awards 2024. The awards, considered instrumental in promoting and generating interest in PM technology over the years, are open to all manufacturers who produce structural components using metal powder-based processes.
The four award categories are:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Hot Isostatic Pressing
- Metal Injection Moulding
- PM Structural (including Hard Materials and Diamond Tools parts)
THE WORLD OF POWDER METALLURGY TO YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Entries for each category will be judged on a strictly confidential basis by a multinational panel of experts who will evaluate each submission according to a number of criteria. Judges will consider the following questions when deciding on the winning entries:
- How do you rate this component in terms of excellence in exploiting PM or in terms of novelty, surpassing borders or bringing new ideas into practice?
- To what extent is the component described in the entry expected to provide environmental benefit?
- To what extent is the PM component described in the entry expected to provide cost savings and/or improved quality?
- To what extent is the entry expected to stimulate further usage of PM materials and technology?
- How well is the entry prepared (description of component, inclusion of diagrams, photographs and other illustrations)?
The awards will be announced and presented at the Euro PM2024 Congress & Exhibition, held September 29 – October 2, in Malmo, Sweden. A short video presentation will be produced by the EPMA covering the background and development of the award-winning components, with the parts then showcased in the exhibition hall.
The deadline for submission is March 31, 2024. If you are interested in submitting an entry, you can do so by clicking on this link.