The 7th International Conference on Porous Metals and Metallic Foams, MetFoam 2011, will take place in Busan, Korea, from September 18 to 21, 2011.
MetFoam is a bi-annual event, with previous conferences held at Bremen (1999, 2001) and Berlin (2003) in Germany, Kyoto (2005) in Japan, Montreal (2007) in Canada and Bratislava (2009) in Slovakia.
The meeting will provide a forum for researchers active in the fields of porous and foam materials and for industrial materials engineers and product designers seeking new materials.
The conference will cover the following topics:
- Physics of foaming, pore nucleation, pore growth and coalescence, foam stabilization
- Techniques for making foams and other cellular metals, effect of processing parameters on the structure and properties
- Morphological and microstructural characterization at different size scales
- Property profiles in relation with porous structure
- Modelling of structure, structure development and related properties
- Secondary operations (joining, coating, machining, shaping, etc.)
- Challenging applications and case studies including component design criteria
- Porous biomaterials and nanoporous structures
More information can be found at www.metfoam2011.org
Edited by: Paul Whittaker, Editor ipmd.net, [email protected]