A two day workshop, Metals for Aerospace, is being organised by the National Metals Technology Centre, based in Rotherham, UK.
Taking place from 6-7 March 2012, the workshop will inform existing and potential suppliers of the upcoming opportunities and technical requirements within the aerospace sector.
The course programme will cover the following topics:
- Anatomy of an Aircraft
- Metal/alloy selection
- Processing of aerospace alloys
- Jargon, terminology & culture of aerospace manufacture
- Performance criteria & test methods
- Future Technologies
Supplier criteria – quality conformances & accreditations
- Quality standards, technical specifications & accreditations
- Market forecast 2011 – 2019
- Future component demand
- Supply chains – structure, dynamics & key players (buyers & sellers)
Attendees will include commercial / business development managers in existing and aspiring supply chain companies, buyers / specifiers of metal components and technical and production managers.
Contact: [email protected]
Edited by: Paul Whittaker, Editor ipmd.net, [email protected]