The international VDI Conference ‘CVT in Automotive Applications’ will be held at the Kongresshaus Baden-Baden, Baden-Baden, Germany, on March 19–20, 2019. The conference is dedicated solely to the topic of CVTs in vehicles, and will feature presentations from several leading industry experts on the latest technical developments.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the approaches favoured in the Asian and American markets and find out why CVT is being discussed more intensely in terms of the electrification of powertrains. The conference programme will also offer an overview of current technical developments that can improve the opportunities of a CVT.
The focus will be on mechanical CVTs as well as electrified varieties, with the following topics up for discussion with a number of OEMs and supplier companies:
- The future role of CVT for the next decade
- Influences of International Regulations
- Current technical design of an efficient CVT
- New actuation concepts to further improve efficiency
- Potentials for the optimization of the variator
- Tribology – Concepts for improving the coefficient of friction
- CVT in hybrid concepts P0 –P4
- Future concepts for eCVTs, IVTs and DH-CVTs
- Simulation and testing in the engineering process
- Alternative Continuous Variable Concepts for automotive applications
Conference participants will also have access to a factory tour to view the production of CVT components at LuK, Bühl, Germany, and find out about the production steps in which the different components are created.