The European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA) has announced its prestigious Powder Metallurgy Component Awards 2022 competition, the winners of which will be announced at the World PM2022 Congress & Exhibition, scheduled to take place October 9–13, 2022, in Lyon, France.
The EPMA’s Powder Metallurgy Component Awards are designed to promote interest in Powder Metallurgy technology, and are open to all companies which manufacture components by PM processes.
The eight award categories are:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Hot Isostatic Pressing
- Metal Injection Moulding
- Cold Isostatic Pressed
- Press and Sinter
- Powder Forged
A panel of independent experts, drawn from across Europe, will use the following criteria to judge each submission:
- How does this component, in terms of excellence in exploiting PM or in terms of novelty, surpass borders or bring new ideas into practice?
- To what extent is the component described in the entry expected to provide environmental benefit?
- To what extent is the PM component described in the entry expected to provide cost savings and/or improved quality?
- To what extent is the entry expected to stimulate further usage of PM materials and technology?
- How well is the entry prepared (description of component, inclusion of diagrams, photographs and other illustrations)?
The submissions deadline is May 25. Further information on the awards and submission guidelines are available via the organiser’s website.