Submissions open for EPMA’s Powder Metallurgy Component Awards 2020
November 26, 2019
The European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA) has opened submissions for its prestigious Powder Metallurgy Component Awards 2020, which will coincide with the Euro PM2020 Congress & Exhibition in Lisbon, Portugal, October 4–7, 2020.
The EPMA’s Powder Metallurgy Component Awards are designed to promote interest in PM technology, and are open to all companies which manufacture components by PM processes. The 2020 awards will be given in the following component categories:
- PM Structural (including Hard Materials and Diamond Tools parts)
- Additive Manufacturing
- Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP)
- Metal Injection Moulding
A panel of independent experts, drawn from across Europe, will judge all entries by the following criteria:
- To what extent is the PM component described in the entry expected to provide cost savings and/or improved quality?
- To what extent is the entry expected to stimulate further usage of PM materials and technology?
- How well is the entry prepared (description of component, inclusion of diagrams, photographs and other illustrations)?
- How does each judge rate this component in terms of excellence in exploiting PM or in terms of novelty, surpassing borders or bringing new ideas into practice?
The submissions deadline for the EPMA Powder Metallurgy Component Awards 2020 is May 27. Further information on the awards and submission guidelines are available via the organiser’s website.