The poster abstract deadline for the International Conference on Sintering 2017 has been extended to September 8, 2017. The conference, to be held at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina, San Diego, California, USA, November 12-16, 2017, will address the latest developments in the sintering and microstructural evolution processes for the fabrication of powder-based materials in terms of fundamental understanding, technological issues and industrial applications.
Besides its traditional importance for the production of structural powder components, sintering technology is emerging as a leading and irreplaceable tool for a variety of modern applications. This conference will focus on the increasing ability to design complex and multifunctional materials with specific microstructures and properties.
Sintering 2017 is the eighth in a series of Sintering Conferences which began in 1995. The technical programme will cover sintering of all classes. Its poster presentations and special programmes are designed to facilitate discussion among participants. Topics up for discussion will include, but are not limited to:
- Fundamental aspects of sintering
- Modelling and simulation of sintering at multiple scales
- Sintering of multi-material and multi-layer systems
- Microstructural evolution in sintering processes
- Novel sintering processes (field-assisted, laser, etc.)
- Sintering phenomena in Additive Manufacturing
- Stress-assisted sintering (e.g. hot- pressing, Hot Isostatic Pressing, sinter-forging)
- Sintering of nanostructured materials
- Sintering of electronic materials
- Sintering in emerging energy and bio applications
- Chemical interactions during sintering
- In situ measurements and analysis of sintering
- Symposium in honour of professor Randall M. German’s 50 years of contributions to the science of sintering
Attendees wishing to propose a poster for inclusion in the conference poster session should submit an abstract via the website’s submissions portal.