The Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Technology and Advanced Materials IFAM, organiser of the International Conference on Sintering 2014, Dresden, Germany, has announced the extension of the abstract submission deadline to January 15, 2014.
Sintering 2014 will take place August 24 – 28, 2014 at the International Congress Centre Dresden. Topics covered at the conference will include:
- Fundamental aspects of sintering
- Modelling and simulation of sintering at multiple scales
- Sintering of multi-material and multi-layer systems
- Microstructural evolution in sintering processes
- Novel sintering processes (field-assisted, laser, etc.)
- Sintering of nano-structured materials
- Sintering of electronic materials
- Sintering in emerging energy and bio applications
- Chemical interactions during sintering
- In-situ measurements and analysis of sintering
- Other sintering-related topics
As well as oral presentations, poster sessions will offer another opportunity to share the latest developments or research activities. An exhibition will also run alongside the conference.