Atomising Systems Ltd, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK, and Personal Development Advanced Courses (PERDAC), a division of CPFResearch Ltd, will hold their popular short course on Atomisation for Metal Powders at the Pendulum Hotel (Manchester Conference Centre) in Manchester, UK, from March 5–6, 2020.
The two-day course will consist of presentations from John Dunkley (Chairman, Atomising Systems Ltd), Dirk Aderhold (Technical Director, Atomising Systems Ltd), Tom Williamson (Research Engineer, Atomising Systems Ltd) and Andrew Yule (Emeritus Professor, University of Manchester).
A combination of up-to-date practical information and theory, the course is aimed at engineers working in both metal powder production and R&D. The programme includes expanded coverage of Additive Manufacturing and modern powder analysis methods.
The course schedule is as follows:
Thursday 5th March – 9:00–18:00
- Introduction & fundamentals
- Historical perspective
- Measurement techniques
- Screen analysis anddata interpretation
- Gas atomisation
- Water atomisation
- Questions & discussion
- End of session
Friday 6th March – 8:45–15:30
- Rotary, ultrasonic & other techniques
- Powder for Additive Manufacturing and other advanced manufacturing techniques
- Ancillary equipment
- Operation and economics of plant
- Needs of different metals
- Toolkit for atomising system improvement
- End of course