The second 3D Metrology Conference (3DMC) is scheduled to take place in Aachen, Germany, October 9-11, 2017. The announcement of a second conference follows the success of the inaugural event in November 2016. 3DMC is dedicated to the application and development of 3D measurement technology for industrial, scientific and cultural purposes.
The event is aimed at end users of 3D metrology systems, equipment and software suppliers, service providers, researchers and procurement and quality managers. By bringing people together from these diverse fields, the conference aims to encourage attendees to share experiences and knowledge, values and requirements and develop the 3D metrology industry.
Since 2016, the scope of the conference has been extended, and now includes:
- The technology and applications of portable coordinate metrology systems from mid to large scale
- Fixed 3D metrology on the micro to mid scales
- 3D metrology for advance manufacturing
- Automation and in-process metrology
- Industrial requirements and the future technologies driving 3D metrology development
- Augmented reality
- Measurement uncertainty and traceability
The organiser has stated that those interested in presenting work as a speaker or with a poster are invited to submit abstracts to the conference committee. The submission deadline is yet to be announced.