Registration has opened for the Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF)’s Basic Powder Metallurgy Short Course. The course will be held from August 14–16, 2017 at Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel, State College, Pennsylvania, USA.
The Basic PM Short Course is designed for industry professionals who are new to PM, need an update on recent industry developments, want to broaden or enhance their background knowledge, or seek to enhance their advancement opportunities.
Over the three day course, attendees will be taught:
- History, current practice, and the future of PM
- Why PM is a leading method for producing metal parts
- The many applications that use PM parts
- The fine points of design for PM
- How metal powders are produced
- Designs for compacting tools
- How sintering develops functional properties
- About various secondary operations
- About the Metal Powder Industries Federation’s standards and tests
- About Metal Injection Moulding
- The latest high-tech PM technologies, including metal Additive Manufacturing
Those wishing to attend the course can apply via the MPIF’s website. Early-bird registration closes July 14, 2017.