Registration is now open for the Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF)’s Basic Powder Metallurgy Short Course, scheduled to take place in person from August 9–11, 2021, at Penn State Conference Center Hotel, State College, Pennsylvania, USA. The course is said to be an essential educational tool for newcomers to the industry, while also providing worthwhile information for those needing an update on advancements and to broaden background knowledge in a networking environment.
The schedule has been announced as follows:
- August 9
- Overview of Powder Metallurgy
- Metal Powder Production
- Testing, Characterization, and Mixing of Metal Powders
- Basic Principles of Compacting
- Additive Manufacturing and Powder Metallurgy
- August 10
- Design of PM Parts
- Sintering Principles
- Conventional Sintering Furnaces and Practices
- Tooling for PM
- Lubricants in Ferrous PM
- Isostatic Pressing Techniques
- PM Material Standards
- Secondary Operations on PM Parts
- Microstructures: How Do They Affect Our Parts?
- Refractory and Hardmetals
- Metal Injection Molding
- Closing Remarks and Wrap-Up Discussion
More information and registration details are available here.