There is still time to register for the European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA)’s Functional Materials Seminar, which will take place in San Sebastián, Spain, from March 24–25, 2020, and its Press & Sinter Seminar, which will take place in Brussels, Belgium, on April 1, 2020.
Functional Materials Seminar
This two-day seminar will be dedicated to ‘Applications of Powder Based Functional Materials’. A panel of experts will present examples of actual and future applications of Powder Metallurgy functional components, explaining the key requirements to provide the functionality, as well as covering the fabrication, structure and properties of the material/component.
The seminar’s presentations will be divided into four main categoriese:
- Functional PM materials in transportation applications
- Functional PM materials in energy applications
- Functional PM materials in medical applications
- Functional PM materials in other applications
Registration closes on March 4, 2020.
Press & Sinter Seminar
The Press & Sinter Seminar runs in conjunction with the EPMA’s 33rd General Assembly, which takes place on April 2, 2020. This seminar will focus on opportunities for Powder Metallurgy in vehicle electrification and will include the following presentations:
- Short update on statistics and trends for Press & Sinter for 2019, Dr Bruno Vicenzi (EPMA)
- Electrification scenario, Frank Schlehuber (CLEPA)
- Next-generation batteries and PM opportunities, Dr Julian Schwenzel (Fraunhofer IFAM)
- Integration development cooperation for powder-based electromagnetic applications, Stefan Tiller (GKN Sinter Metals Engineering GmbH)
The registration deadline is March 11, 2020.
Further information and registration details are available via the event websites.