Registration deadline nears for PMAI’s virtual PM short course
August 25, 2021
The Powder Metallurgy Association of India (PMAI) is holding a digital short course on the complete portfolio of Powder Metallurgy technologies from September 25–28, 2021. The course will enable participants to acquire a fundamental understanding of the science and practice of PM.
The course is expected to last one week, after which attendees will be required to undergo an online test and will be issued a certificate by the PMAI.
Topics to be covered include:
- Powder production
- Characterisation of powders
- Consolidation of powders
- Design & fabrication of dies and tooling
- Characterisation & evaluation of sintered components
- Powder injection moulding (MIM + CIM)
- Sintering furnaces and atmospheres
- Heat treatment & other downstream processes & equipment
- Quality in PM manufacturing
- Porous PM materials
- Advanced ceramics and composites
- Aerospace and defence materials
- PM in nuclear engineering and energy generation
- PM in bio materials
- Friction materials
- Additive Manufacturing
Registration ends on August 28 and is available through the PMAI’s website. Participation is on a first-come, first-serve basis, as the event is limited to sixty participants.
More information on the course