PyroGenesis passes annual metal powder quality audits

November 9, 2022

PyroGenesis Canada, Inc., Montreal, Québec, Canada, has announced that it has passed its annual quality audit for two key international standards: ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D, the latter being a quality management specific to the aerospace industry. The audits encompassed all of PyroGenesis’ facilities for the purpose of meeting compliance with the existing quality management designations.

The company reported zero Non-Conformances Reports (NCR) and, as a result of this audit, PyroGenesis’ newest facility located in LaSalle, Quebec, was officially added to the ISO 9001:2015 certification.

“I would like to thank all those who participated in this audit, not only for their support, effort, and teamwork, but also for their continued adherence to maintaining the company’s high standards as process owners of the quality system,” commented P Peter Pascali, CEO and chair of PyroGenesis. “Along with a superior product, a robust and efficient value-added Quality Management System is essential to meeting our objective of becoming a globally competitive company in the Additive Manufacturing and 3D printing sector. This is even more important given the backdrop of recent developments where potential clients complete their own audit process with the goal to qualifying PyroGenesis as a powder supplier.”

In addition to its current qualifications, PyroGenesis aims to become ISO 13485:2016 certified, a Quality Management System designation required by most manufacturers within the medical devices and related services industry. Once obtained, the company’s metal powder offerings will be available to medical device makers as well.

The company has also announced an update regarding the completed in-house audit of its NexGen™ metal powder production facility by a global aerospace company. As part of the audit, the aerospace company suggested modifications and adjustments in order to proceed with the delivery of final samples of titanium powder for chemical and mechanical testing. PyroGenesis states that it has met over 90% of the suggestions and is working on completing the remaining 10% before the end of the year. Once completed, PyroGenesis will proceed with the delivery of final samples of titanium powder for chemical and mechanical testing by the aerospace company.

Massimo Dattilo, VP, PyroGenesis Additive, stated, “Validating our process, our system, and ultimately our product, to the most stringent and challenging standards has been critical to our strategy to produce the highest quality titanium metal powders. We continue to be on track for a Q4 2022/Q1 2023 target for final submission and approval.”

www.pyrogenesis.com

In the latest issue of PM Review…

Download PDF

Extensive Powder Metallurgy industry news coverage, and the following exclusive deep-dive articles and reports:

  • Burgess-Norton and Amsted Automotive: How a legacy automotive supplier is growing with, not despite, electrification
  • Meeting sustainability demands in PM: High-temperature sintering of nickel- and copper-free powder mixtures for low alloyed PM parts
  • World PM2022: An overview of the status and trends in the global PM industry
  • A novel approach for the production of metal powders with tailored chemical compositions: Amazemet’s rePowder
  • Productivity, flexibility, reliability: SACMI’s new press technologies for the changing PM industry
  • Understanding the thermal properties of metal powders: Characterisation of powders using the Hot Disk technique
  • World PM2022: Views on the potential of Field Assisted Sintering for advanced materials

The latest news from the world of metal powders, delivered to your inbox

Don't miss any new issue of PM Review, and get the latest industry news. Sign up to our weekly newsletter.

Sign up

From the industry…

Discover our magazine archive…

The free-to-access PM Review magazine archive offers unparalleled insight into the world of Powder Metallurgy from a commercial and technological perspective through:

  • Reports on visits to leading PM part manufacturers, metal powder manufacturers and industry suppliers
  • Articles on technology and application trends
  • Information on materials developments
  • Reviews of key technical presentations from the international conference circuit
  • International industry news

All past issues are available to download as free PDFs or view in your browser.

 

Browse the archive

 

Looking for PM production equipment, metal powders, R&D support and more?

Discover suppliers of these and more in our
advertisers’ index and buyer’s guide, available in the back of PM Review magazine.

  • Powders & materials
  • Powder process, classification & analysis
  • PM products
  • Atomisers & powder production technology
  • Compaction presses, tooling & ancillaries
  • Sintering equipment & ancillaries
  • Post-processing
  • Consulting & toll sintering
Download PDF
Share via
Copy link