Powder Technology course to take place at Lund University, Sweden
April 2, 2014
A new course on Powder Technology in Pharma, Food, Chemistry and Metallurgy is scheduled to take place at Sweden’s Lund University, September 10-12, 2014. The three day course is aimed at industry professionals and Ph.D students and will include presentations from lecturers at Lund University and external speakers.
The aim of the course is to provide participants with a better understanding of powder products and processes and to supply tools to stimulate new ideas for development and improvement of powder products and processes. The course format also includes round table discussions focusing on specific themes such as rheology, powder characterization, granulation, agglomeration and processing of metal powders.
The first two days of the course will focus on:
- Particle properties and physical behaviour: measurements and definitions
- Properties of powder: definitions, important properties, what and how to influence powder properties
- Particle size enlargement: granulation, agglomeration and Tableting
The third day allows participants to choose between the following based on their area of interest:
- Powder processing: fractionation, mixing, redispersion in liquid, conveying and storing
- Metallic powders and their applications
For more information contact Mirka Fahlander at Lund University Commissioned Education, [email protected]