The Powder Metallurgy Association of India (PMAI) has announced that the next Powder Metallurgy short course to be organised by the association will be held at the Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, India from 19th – 22nd Dec 2012.
The popular PM short course looks at the fundamentals of, as well as advances in, PM technology.
The course is designed for practicing powder metallurgists and other engineers, managers, executives and academics. Over the four days the course will cover the following topics:
- Characterization of powders
- Compaction of powders
- Design and fabrication of dies
- Characterization of sintered component
- Sintering furnaces and atmospheres
- Processing of ceramics
- Surface engineering with powders
- Statistical Quality Control
- Technology Management
- Specialty areas in powder metallurgy: Powder Injection Moulding, Mechanical alloying, Nanomaterials, Hot isostatic pressing and Microwave sintering
Posted by: Paul Whittaker, Editor ipmd.net, [email protected]