Plansee Seminar publishes 2022 programme
April 27, 2022
The technical programme for the 20th Plansee Seminar, taking place at Plansee’s facility in Reutte, Austria, May 30–June 3, 2022, has now been published and is available to view online. The international conference will provide insights in the field of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, presented in both oral a poster sessions.
The Opening Session features the following presentations:
- Plansee Seminars 1952-2022: A view on a very special congress Herbert Danninger, TU Wien, Austria
- Molybdenum and Tungsten, the greener metals? H Walser, Austria
- An attempt to do an outlook on the P/M Hard Metal industry after two years of world pandemic and present unstable times in Europe Susanne Norgren, Sandvik Coromant, Sweden
Further keynote presentations include:
- Enhancing mechanical properties of ultra-fine grained tungsten via grain boundary segregation engineering D Kiener et al, Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria
- Alloy Designs for High Temperature Mo-Base Systems J Perepezko et al, University of Wisconsin-Madisonin-Madison, USA
- Approaching the 100th Anniversary of the Hardmetal Invention: From First WC-Co Samples towards Modern Advanced Hardmetal Grades I Konyashin, Element Six GmbH, Germany
In addition to material developments and Powder Metallurgy processing, presentations will also cover the use of Additive Manufacturing in the Refractory Metal and Hard Materials sectors.
Full details of the programme are available here.
Registration is open via the event website here.