The Mercury Centre and University of Sheffield are organising an open day to promote the use of Additive Manufacturing, or ‘3D Printing’, to UK companies. The event will run on Tuesday 19th February 2013, with free registration for delegates from manufacturing companies.
During the open day participants will learn about Additive Manufacturing (AM) technology and see how parts are designed and built. The course will explain how AM will change manufacturing supply chains and how this can be an opportunity for companies to build dynamic new business.
The open day will run from 11am – 2pm, and provide participants with:
- An introduction to 3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing
- AM Market opportunities/Market growth/entry/new business models
- Tour of AM facilities to see component design and manufacture
- Offer of 100% funded product/component/prototype/mould/tool design package up to £5000 for each company attending
- Sourcing funding, grants and investment for AM
- Sourcing technical support and training
For more information email: [email protected] or call +44(0)114 249 56 00.
Posted by: Paul Whittaker, Editor ipmd.net, [email protected]