The Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF)’s Basic Powder Metallurgy Short Course, which is now in its fifty-eighth year, is scheduled to take place from August 8–10, 2022, at the Penn State Conference Center Hotel, State College, Pennsylvania, USA.
The course is recognised for being an essential educational tool for newcomers to the industry, while also providing worthwhile information for those needing an update on advancements and to broaden background knowledge in a networking environment.
The three-day course programme will include:
- Overview of Powder Metallurgy
- Metal Powder Production
- Testing, Characterization, and Mixing of Metal Powders
- Basic Principles of Compacting
- Lubricants in Ferrous PM
- Design of PM Parts
- Sintering Principles
- Conventional Sintering Furnaces and Practices
- Tooling for PM
- Metal Injection Molding
- Isostatic Pressing Techniques
- PM Material Standards
- Secondary Operations on PM Parts
- Microstructures: How Do They Affect Our Parts?
- Refractory and Hardmetals
- Additive Manufacturing and Powder Metallurgy
- Closing Remarks and Wrap-Up Discussion
Further information about the course can be accessed here. A registration discount is available until July 1, 2022.