The Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF) has announced the publication of the MPIF Standard 35, Materials Standards for PM Self-Lubricating Bearings, 2010 Edition.
This standard provides the design and materials engineer with the latest engineering property data and information available in order to specify materials for self-lubricating bearings made by the PM process. Developed by the powder metallurgy (PM) commercial parts manufacturing industry, the standard is divided into sections that are clearly distinguished by easy-to-read data tables and explanatory information for each material listed.
Detailed explanatory notes and definitions, along with data cited in both Inch–Pound and SI units, help make the standard more “user friendly.”
MPIF suggest that all quality assurance, laboratory, sales and marketing staff be aware of the latest edition of this standard. Note that publication of the 2010 Edition of this standard renders the 1998 Edition obsolete.
The 2010 Edition contains:
- NEW Material Section (data property table)
Diffusion-Alloyed Iron-Bronze Bearings—FDCT-1802K
- Revised footnotes for Bronze Bearings and new footnote for the CTG-1004-K10 material
- Data-table-column heading revisions
- Data tables now listed in alphabetical order by material system
- Revised verbiage throughout the standard including a new section in the EXPLANATORY NOTES on Oil Impregnation Efficiency
- ENGINEERING INFORMATION (Inch–Pound and SI Units)—Verbiage and data table modifications
- New edition includes a 2-part Index covering displaying alphabetical listings & guides to material systems & designation codes used in MPIF Standard 35
– Part 1: for the MPIF Standard 35, Materials Standards for PM Self-Lubricating Bearings document
– Part 2: for the other MPIF Standard 35 publications
MPIF Publication, 28 pages, 2010
Pricing ranges from $35 to $10 per copy, depending on MPIF / APMI membership, format and quantity.
For more information visit: www.mpif.org
|PIM International magazine
Powder Injection Moulding International is the only magazine dedicated to the global PIM industry, comprising the metal (MIM), ceramic (CIM) and carbide injection molding sectors
|International Powder Metallurgy Directory
The International Powder Metallurgy Directory (IPMD) is the leading directory of powder metallurgy (PM) parts producers and industry suppliers worldwide, with over 4700 listings