The Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF)’s Awards Committee has announced the recipients of the 2021 MPIF Distinguished Service to Powder Metallurgy (PM) Award. Each year, the award recognises individuals who have actively served the North American PM industry for at least twenty-five years and, in the minds of their peers, deserve special recognition.
2021 Award recipients (Company name in parenthesis indicates employer at the time of retirement):
- Rodney Brennen, Metco Industries Inc.
- James R. Dale (Metal Powder Industries Federation)
- Scott Davis, Hoeganaes Corporation
- Peter A. dePoutiloff, PMTII, SSI Sintered Technologies
- Utpal (Paul) Gangapadhyay, MPP
- Claus Joens, Elnik System
- John L. Johnson, Novamet Specialty Products
- Arthur E. (Bud) Jones, Symmco, Inc.
- Enrique Lavernia, Univ of California Irvine
- Stephen C. McCrossan, Plansee USA LLC
- Salvator Nigarura, Global Tungsten & Powders Corp.
- Gregory D. Wallis, Dorst America, Inc.
The awards ceremony will take place during PowderMet2021, June 20–23, Orlando, Florida, USA.