The Metal Powder Industries Federation’s Awards Committee has announced the recipients of the 2017 MPIF Distinguished Service to Powder Metallurgy Award that recognises individuals who have actively served the North American PM industry for at least 25 years and, in the minds of their peers, deserve special recognition.
The awards ceremony took place at the Industry Luncheon on Wednesday, June 14, 2017, during the POWDERMET2017 conference in Las Vegas, USA.
The 2017 Award Recipients are:
- Iver Eric Anderson, FAPMI, Ames Laboratory
- Diran Apelian, FAPMI, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Sherri R. Bingert, (formerly of Los Alamos National Laboratory)
- Matthew Bulger, NetShape Technologies, Inc.
- Dean Howard, PMT, North American Höganäs, Inc.
- Mark D. Kesterholt, (formerly of Rio Tinto Metal Powders)
- Sydney H. Luk, Royal Metal Powders Inc.
- Glen Moore, (formerly of Burgess-Norton Mfg. Co.)
- Thomas J. Pontzer, (formerly of Gasbarre Products, Inc.)
- JoAnne Ryan, Alpha Sintered Metals, Inc.
- Rohith Shivanath, Stackpole International, Canada
- John Sweet, FMS Corporation