The Metal Powder Industries Federation’s (MPIF) Awards Committee has announced the recipients of the 2017 MPIF Distinguished Service to Powder Metallurgy (PM) Award. The award recognises individuals who have actively served the North American PM industry for at least 25 years and is judged by a panel of industry peers.
The 2017 award recipients are as follows:
- Eric Iver Anderson, FAPMI, Ames Laboratory
- Diran Apelian, FAPMI, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Sherri R. Bingert, Los Alamos National Laboratory (retired)
- Matthew Bulger, NetShape Technologies, Inc.
- Dean Howard, PMT, North American Höganäs, Inc.
- Mark D. Kesterholt, Rio Tinto Metal Powders (retired)
- Sydney H. Luk, Royal Metal Powders Inc.
- Glen Moore, Burgess-Norton Mfg. Co. (retired)
- Thomas J. Pontzer, Gasbarre Products, Inc. (retired)
- JoAnne Ryan, Alpha Sintered Metals, Inc.
- Rohith Shivanath, Stackpole International Canada
- John Sweet, FMS Corporation
All awards will be received at a special awards ceremony to take place at the PM Industry Luncheon, June 14, 2017, at the POWDERMET2017 conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Those wishing to attend the awards ceremony can find further information via the POWDERMET2017 website.