Miba revenue exceeds €1 billion for first time

May 24, 2023

The major part of Miba’s record revenue came from its industrial goods market (Courtesy Miba AG)
The major part of Miba’s record revenue came from its industrial goods market (Courtesy Miba AG)

Miba AG, Laakirchen, Austria, has announced that, for the first time, its annual revenue passed the €1 billion mark. Figures published for its fiscal year ending January 31, 2023, showed revenue of €1.114 billion, representing an almost 15% year on year growth. Whilst every business area grew, the major part (59%) of this revenue came from the industrial goods market. The remaining 41% of revenue was driven by the automotive sector.

“As our next milestone, we have set ourselves the goal of growing to a revenue of €1.5 billion by 2027,” stated F Peter Mitterbauer, Miba’s CEO. To achieve this, the company wants to use the opportunities arising from the trend for decarbonisation and electrification. “On the basis of our corporate mission ‘Technologies for a cleaner planet,’ we want to develop and produce technologically demanding components for greater efficiency and sustainability along the entire energy value chain – thus for the generation, transmission, storage and use of energy. In the past fiscal year alone, our revenue from technologies for wind power has more than doubled.”

THE WORLD OF POWDER METALLURGY TO YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Sign up

Miba notes a number of uses for its products in wind turbines, including the bearings for the gear and rotor main bearing, friction materials to safely slow down the extremely heavy rotor blades, as well as power resistors and cooling technologies to control and protect the electronics. Miba also produces milling machines for the assembly of the large tube elements needed for offshore wind turbine towers.

The company also expects to see growth due to market opportunities in e-mobility. Thus far, Miba has invested €80 million in establishing this new business area and has developed its product portfolio since 2016, before the recent boom in battery electric vehicles. To further accelerate this growth path, the company opened its first battery production plant in Bad Leonfelden, Germany, which is operated by solely owned subsidiary Miba Battery Systems (formerly Voltlabor).

As Miba’s equity ratio has increased to 52.8%, the company was able to invest €100 million in the past fiscal year – €56 million in property, plant and equipment, and €44 million in research and development (a ratio of 4%).

In the past fiscal year, Miba also made a substantial investment of €2.6 million in employee training, with around 240 apprentices. As part of the group’s growth, some 100 vacancies are currently being filled.

www.miba.com

Download PM Review magazine

In the latest issue of PM Review…

Download PDF

Extensive Powder Metallurgy industry news coverage, and the following exclusive deep-dive articles and reports:

  • Phoenix Sintered Metals: A story of transformation, growth and community from America’s PM heartland
  • World PM2024 Yokohama: The stage is set for the PM industry to find a path to sustainable growth
  • The state of Europe’s hard magnets industry and the challenge of optimising the mass production of Nd2Fe14B permanent magnets

The latest news from the world of metal powders, delivered to your inbox

Don't miss any new issue of PM Review, and get the latest industry news. Sign up to our weekly newsletter.

Sign up

Join our community

Discover our magazine archive…

The free-to-access PM Review magazine archive offers unparalleled insight into the world of Powder Metallurgy from a commercial and technological perspective through:

  • Reports on visits to leading PM part manufacturers, metal powder manufacturers and industry suppliers
  • Articles on technology and application trends
  • Information on materials developments
  • Reviews of key technical presentations from the international conference circuit
  • International industry news

All past issues are available to download as free PDFs or view in your browser.

 

Browse the archive

 

Looking for PM production equipment, metal powders, R&D support and more?

Discover suppliers of these and more in our
advertisers’ index and buyer’s guide, available in the back of PM Review magazine.

  • Powders & materials
  • Powder process, classification & analysis
  • PM products
  • Atomisers & powder production technology
  • Compaction presses, tooling & ancillaries
  • Sintering equipment & ancillaries
  • Post-processing
  • Consulting & toll sintering
View online
Share via
Copy link