Kennametal Inc, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, has published its 2023 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report, highlighting in detail the progress made over the last year.
“Our ESG report reflects our commitment to accountability and transparency to key stakeholders and details the progress we have made over the last twelve months,” said Christopher Rossi, president & CEO. “I am proud of the work our employees have demonstrated in executing our ESG strategy globally, and I look forward to continuing our ESG journey.”
THE WORLD OF POWDER METALLURGY TO YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
The report includes the following highlights:
- Reductions in Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions, energy consumption, water consumption and increase in waste recycling
- Enhancements to EHS Management System to streamline the collection and analysis of key metrics which help improve safety programmes
- Recordable incident rate continues to perform at a world-class level – 148% better than US industry standard
- Advancements in the development and engagement of employees through various educational programs including Leadership Excellence Advancement Program, EMERGE early-career rotational development programme and annual employee engagement survey
- Implemented initiatives to advance four diversity and inclusion pillars: awareness, acquisition, development and community through Employee Resource Groups, Allyship and Mentor-Mentee programmes
- Engagement in local communities through financial donations and employee volunteerism, including promoting STEM education and careers at schools and colleges
Topics included in the ESG assessment are reportred to align with GRI Standards Topics, the SASB Industrial Machinery & Goods 2018 Sustainability Accounting Standards and other ESG topics of interest to investors and other key stakeholders. Kennametal also recognises the importance of the United Nation’s Sustainability Development Goals (SDG) and has aligned the SDGs with priority topics.
The full ESG Report is available here.