International metalworking show Metalloobrabotka set for Moscow 2018
November 27, 2017
Metalloobrabotka, Russia’s 19th International Exhibition on Equipment, Instruments and Tools for the Metalworking Industry, is set to take place at the Expocentre Fairgrounds, Moscow, Russia, May 14-18, 2018. Organised by Stankoinstrument Russian Association of Machine-Tool Manufacturers, the event is Russia’s largest metalworking show and aims to offer a platform for networking between Russian and international companies.
The exhibition hall offers 80,000 m2 of floor space and, in 2017, hosted 1,042 exhibitors from 33 countries and 31,300 visitors. Product sectors from across the metalworking industries are represented, including areas relevant to Powder Metallurgy, Metal Injection Moulding and metal Additive Manufacturing.
More than twenty-five supporting events will take place alongside Metalloobrabotka, organised by Russian companies and academic organisations. Among the supporting events are:
- International Forum on Modern Trends in Technologies and Design of Metalworking Equipment
- International Forum on Digital Machinery Production: Problems and Solutions
- International school for young scientists and professionals in robotics, manufacturing technology and automation
- Russian student competition for the Best Innovative Metalworking Project
- Russian Symposium on Metalworking Technology
- Conference on Implementation of 3D Technologies
- Conference on Industry 4.0 in Metalworking
- Russian Export Center
Denis Manturov, Russian Minister of Industry and Trade, stated, “Metalloobrabotka is a key event in the field of material processing technology. It greatly contributes to the implementation of relevant national programs and investment projects. I am positive that the show will foster expansion of international trade, study and introduction of innovative technologies and signing of contracts for supply of state-of-the-art equipment.”