A Call for Papers has been issued for the International Conference on Sintering 2017, taking place in San Diego, California, USA, from November 12-16. Organised by The American Ceramic Society, the conference is the eighth in a series of international events first held in 1995. It follows previous conferences that have taken place in USA, France, Korea and Germany.
The conference will address the latest developments in the sintering and microstructural evolution processes for the fabrication of powder-based materials in terms of fundamental understanding, technological issues and industrial applications.
Besides its traditional importance for the production of structural powder components, sintering technology is emerging as a leading and irreplaceable tool for a variety of modern applications. The conference will focus on the increasing ability to design complex and multifunctional materials with specific microstructures and properties.
The technical programme will include the following topics:
- Fundamental aspects of sintering
- Modelling and simulation of sintering at multiple scales
- Sintering of multi-material and multi-layer systems
- Microstructural evolution in sintering processes
- Novel sintering processes (field-assisted, laser, etc.)
- Sintering phenomena in Additive Manufacturing
- Stress-assisted sintering (e.g. hot- pressing, hot isostatic pressing, sinter- forging)
- Sintering of nano-structured materials
- Sintering of electronic materials
- Sintering in emerging energy and bio applications
- Chemical interactions during sintering
- In situ measurements and analysis of sintering
- Symposium in honour of professor Randall M. German’s fifty years of contributions to the science of sintering
- Other sintering-related topics
The deadline for submitting abstracts is March 20, 2017.