The Powder Metallurgy Association of India (PMAI) has announced dates and issued a Call for Papers for its PM15 International Conference on Powder Metallurgy and Particulate Materials & Exhibition. The event will take place January 19-21, 2015 in Mumbai, India.
Mumbai has a population of over 20 million. The majority of large Indian industrial businesses are based there, including the Tatas, Birlas, Essar, Fiat, Mahindras, Godrej, Johnson & Johnson, Ambanis, Firodias, Jindals, Biyanis, Eicher, Ordnance Factories as well as scientific institutions like BARC, NPCL, IREL, TIFR and the Department of Atomic Energy.
A comprehensive technical programme will include the following topics:
Modelling of PM parts & processes
- Materials & alloy development
- Powder production & characterisation
- Compaction & other forming processes
- Compaction equipment
- Sintering & sintering equipment
- Hard metals
- Diamond tools
- Refractory metals
- Ceramics & composites
- Materials for aerospace and defence applications
- Testing & evaluation of PM parts
- Health, safety & environment
- Materials for alternative energy generation
- Advanced processing equipment
- Medical applications
- PIM (MIM & CIM) technology
- Laser sintering, cladding and coating
- Magnetic materials, SMC & hard magnets
- Additive manufacturing
PM15 will also include a special session focussing on Developments in Engineering Ceramics.
Organisers of the event have requested that abstracts of papers for oral presentation as well as posters should be submitted no later than October 30, 2014.