Organisers of HIP 2014, the 11th International Conference on Hot Isostatic Pressing, Stockholm, Sweden, June 9 -13, 2014, have issued a ‘Call for Papers’.
The triennial conference, organised by the International HIP Committee (IHC) and Jernkontoret, will focus on trends, developments and innovations in the field of hot isostatic pressing (HIP) technology and will cover topics such as material development, production of near net shape (NNS) components, part design and process modelling. Aspects related to powder metallurgy processing, diffusion bonding and part densification will also be included.
- User sectors such as energy, oil and gas, nuclear, ITER fusion, power generation, aerospace, medical, tooling and machinery industries
- New products and new applications PM HIP near net shape parts, PM HIP net shape parts and PM HIP bimetal parts
- Casting densification & diffusion bonding
- Market trends and techno-economical comparisons with conventional technologies (forging, casting, machining) and other PM technologies such as additive manufacturing
- Metal powders and material properties
- Basic science and modeling
- Advances in HIP equipment/design including safety issues
- Stainless steels, duplex, super duplex steels and corrosion resistant materials
- Tool steels, wear-resistant materials and hard materials
- Nickel-base super alloys , cobalt-base alloys, titanium alloys
- Bimetallic materials, metal matrix composites, intermetallics, cermets, ceramics and advanced materials
Prospective authors interested in the conference are invited to submit abstracts for oral presentations or posters to the conference secretariat.
Deadline for the submission of abstracts is 3 July 2013, authors will be notified of acceptance by 1 October 2013. Submission of abstracts is only possible online via the event website and should be written in English.