Federal-Mogul components in all ten of Wards 10 Best Engines for 2016
January 19, 2016
Federal-Mogul Powertrain, a division of Federal-Mogul Holdings Corporation, has announced that its engine technologies are in all ten of Wards 10 Best Engines for 2016 model year vehicles. Since the inception of Wards 10 Best Engines competition 22 years ago, Federal-Mogul Powertrain’s engine content has been included in 94% of the “10 Best” winners.
“Federal-Mogul Powertrain is honoured by its customers’ decision to select its engine technology and for the opportunity it gives us to contribute to their winning engines,” stated Rainer Jueckstock, Co-CEO, Federal-Mogul and CEO, Federal-Mogul Powertrain.
“Our engine components are well recognised by OEMs as solutions that address today’s power, torque, fuel economy, and noise, vibration and harshness objectives. Our Powertrain team extends its congratulations to this year’s winners,” added Jueckstock.
Federal-Mogul Powertrain’s broad array of vehicle engine technologies can be found in all ten of the 2016 winning engines:
- 3.0L Turbocharged DOHC I-6 (BMW 340i)
- 3.6L DOHC V-6 (Chevrolet Camaro/Cadillac ATS)
- 1.5L DOHC 4-cyl./120-kW Drive Motor (Chevrolet Volt EREV)
- 5.2L DOHC V-8 (Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang)
- 2.0L DOHC 4-cyl./50-kW Drive Motor (Hyundai Sonata PHEV)
- 3.5L DOHC V-6 (Nissan Maxima)
- 3.0L Turbodiesel DOHC V-6 (Ram 1500 EcoDiesel)
- 2.0L Turbocharged DOHC 4-cyl. Boxer (Subaru WRX)
- 1.8L DOHC 4-cyl./53-kW Drive Motor (Toyota Prius HEV)
- 2.0L Turbo/Supercharged DOHC 4-cyl. (Volvo XC90)
This includes Federal-Mogul Powertrain pistons, rings, liners, valve seats and guides, valvetrain products, bearings, ignition, sealing, gaskets and systems protection products.