EUROMAT 2017, the European Congress and Exhibition on Advanced Materials and Processes, will be held at the Conference Cultural Center of Thessaloniki Concert Hall, Thessaloniki, Greece, September 17-22, 2017. This year’s conference will mark the 30th anniversary of the Federation of European Materials Societies (FEMS), a not-for-profit association of twenty-eight European materials societies and associations covering science and engineering in various fields, including metals, polymers, ceramics, composites, glasses, nano and biomaterials.
Plenary speakers for the event are as follows:
- Professor John Ågren, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
- Professor Anna Fontcuberta i Morral, Ecole Polytechnique Federale De Lausanne EPFL, Switzerland
- Professor Dr Ing. habil. Oliver Gutfleisch, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
- Professor Dimitris Lagoudas, Texas A & M University, USA
- Professor Luis M Liz-Marzán, CIC biomaGUNE, Spain
- and Professor Spyros Pantelakis, University of Patras, Greece
The Congress will also feature a ‘Matchmaking Event’, organised by PRAXI Network and MIRTEC S.A. Taking place on each day of EUROMAT 2017, this event is designed to provide a platform for bilateral meetings between technology developers and users in order to foster research and business cooperation in the fields of advanced materials and processes.
Early registration closes July 15, 2017, with full price and on-the-day registration remaining open throughout. The full conference programme is expected to be finalised in August 2017.