The EPMA’s Euro PM Congress & Exhibition 2019 is set to take place at the Maastricht Exhibition Congress Centre (MECC) in Maastricht, the Netherlands, October 13–16, 2019. During the four-day event, delegates will have the opportunity to choose from seven parallel conference strands covering different aspects, technologies and sectors of the Powder Metallurgy industry.
The opening session on October 13 will provide an ‘Overview of the Graphite Industry from the PM Perspective’ presented by Asbury Graphite & Carbons, as well as, a presentation on ‘Powder based Laser Processes in the Context of Digital Photonic Production and Industry 4.0’ by Prof Johannes Schleifenbaum, Chair of Digital Additive Production, RWTH Aachen, Germany.
After the opening sessions, a special panel session will run titled ‘60 Years of EPMA: From 30 Years Ago to the Next 30 Years’, which is expected to will represent all of the different PM sectors and will be facilitated by Dr Cesar Molins, AMES SA, Spain, as part of the EPMA’s 30th Anniversary celebrations.
In addition to the three days of technical sessions on the Euro PM programme, eight Special Interest Seminars (SIS) included within the programme will focus on specific areas of the PM industry in more depth. The SIS will cover the following topics:
- Additive Manufacturing – The 30 Years of EPMA – Looking Back and into the Future of AM
- Additive Manufacturing – Industrialisation of AM
- Additive Manufacturing & Hot Isostatic Pressing – Optimising the Properties of AM Parts Using Hot Isostatic Pressing
- Functional Materials – Porosity from Past to Future: A Defect to Avoid Becomes an Added Value
- Functional Materials – Porosity from Past to Future: Applications and Case Studies
- Hard Materials & Diamond Tooling – Nano, Near-Nano and Ultrafine Hardmetals Part 1 & 2
- Hot Isostatic Pressing – The Future of HIP
- Metal Injection Moulding & Additive Manufacturing – MIM and AM
A registration discount is available to participants who register before September 4, 2019. Further information on Euro PM2019 is available via the event website.