This year’s PM Structural Parts Special Interest Seminar at the Euro PM2017 Congress and Exhibition, Milan, Italy, 1-5 October, will focus on the industrialisation of Powder Metallurgy process simulation. Chaired by Peter Kjeldsteen (Sintex, Denmark) and Prof Hans-Ake Haggblad (Luleå University of Technology, Sweden), the seminar will present various methods for the simulation for different stages of the Powder Metallurgy process. A key focus of the seminar will be to identify how these advanced simulation processes, developed at universities and research institutes, can be integrated into the factory floor. and to open the dialog between academia and technicians in the industry.
The Special Interest Seminar will also allow simulation houses to participate and present results in a ‘Round Robin’ test. Those interested in participating in this part of the seminar should contact the session chairs in advance.
Presentations at the PM Structural Parts Special Interest Seminar include:
- Simulation of Competing Technologies – Cold Forming Processing
Ass. Prof. Benny Endelt (Aalborg University, Denmark)
- Simulation of Metal Injection Molding Processes
Dr Achim Wendt (Element22, Germany)
- LS-DYNA Working with Powder Metal Processing
Dr Daniel Hilding (Dynamore Nordic, Sweden)
- Powder Process Simulations at Luleå University of Technology
Prof Pär Jonsén (Luleå University of Technology, Sweden)
- Introduction and Invitation to Global Round Robin on Powder Filling and Powder Compaction
Mr Peter Kjeldsteen (Sintex, Copenhagen)