The European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA)’s 2018 Powder Metallurgy Component Awards has opened to entries from EPMA members. The 2018 competition will consist of the following component categories:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Hot Isostatic Pressing
- Metal Injection Moulding
- PM structural (including hard materials and diamond tools parts)
Entries will be judged by a panel of independent industry experts from across Europe. According to the EPMA, judging will be on the grounds of the following criteria:
- To what extent is the PM component described in the entry expected to provide cost savings and/or improved quality?
- To what extent is the entry expected to stimulate further usage of PM materials and technology?
- How well is the entry prepared (description of component, inclusion of diagrams, photographs and other illustrations)?
- How does the component rate in terms of excellence in exploiting PM or in terms of novelty, surpassing borders or bringing new ideas into practice?
The deadline for entries is May 31, 2018. The awards will be presented during the Euro PM2018 Congress & Exhibition in Bilbao, Spain, October 14-18 2018. All entries will be featured in the 2018 Awards Booklet and on the Euro PM2018 Mobile App, and EPMA Component Award winners will be promoted on the EPMA website in the EPMA Component Awards Area at Euro PM2018.