EPMA Young Engineers Day 2021 open for registration
May 7, 2021
The European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA)’s Young Engineers Day 2021 will take place virtually on September 9, 2021. Aimed at helping to foster and develop the next generation of PM academics and industrialists, the programme includes lectures on Powder Metallurgy, networking and a tour of the exhibition.
Introduced by the EPMA in 2014, Young Engineers Day is aimed particularly at those studying a subject related to PM, such as Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Engineering, and Business Administration and Engineering.
The programme includes the following:
- Introduction to PM: A what, why and when of PM, Prof Marco Actis Grande, Politecnico di Torino. A starter guide to the wide variety of processes and applications possible within PM
- PM Materials, Luke Harris, Sandvik Additive Manufacturing. This presentation will go through ideal characteristics and key differences between the following:
- Powders for Press and Sinter
- Powders for Metal Injection Moulding (MIM)
- Powders for Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP)
- Powders for Additive Layer Manufacturing (ALM)
- Powders for Hard Material Applications
- PM Production Routes, Prof José Manuel Torralba, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- Applications for PM Products, Dr Steven Moseley, Hilti Corporation
Registration for the event is now open, free of charge to students with valid ID and €60 for other interested parties.