The European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA) has issued a call for partners to join its latest High Temperature Sintering – 2 (HTS2) club project, the second stage of its High Temperature Sintering (HTS) club project, which concluded in November 2018. The first stage HTS project consortium consisted of a number of companies and research & development contractors.
HTS2 will be launched with a kick-off meeting at EuroPM 2019 in Maastricht, the Netherlands, October 13–16, 2019. This initial meeting is expected to address the following areas:
- Definition of four powder mixtures besides Distaloy AE (including C-content)
- Definition of one or two Powder Metallurgy parts
- Definition of all respective processing conditions (compaction, sintering, tempering) including the fine tuning of powders and sintering conditions
- Distribution of work-flow between club partners
- Definition of test methods and test volumes (UNITN) ➔ sample geometries
- Set-up of a time frame (intermediate reporting)
- Confirmation of detailed cost structure
- Mutual confirmation of the complete project plan
Companies and organisations are now invited to submit their applications to join the project, subject to approval by unanimous vote of the nine existing members of HTS who have now joined HTS2. The deadline for applications is June 14, 2019.
For further information regarding the project, contact Bruno Vicenzi, EPMA Technical Manager ([email protected]).