CO2 reduction across the Powder Metallurgy workflow
May 11, 2022
The Spring 2022 issue of PM Review features an overview of the Special Interest Seminar (SIS) at the Euro PM2021 Virtual Congress and Exhibition which focused on the opportunities of reducing CO2 emissions across the Powder Metallurgy workflow.
In this article, Dr David Whittaker provides a summary of each presentation given during the SIS, highlighting key points and findings of the following topics:
- Climate neutrality in powder production for Powder Metallurgy
- Energy efficiency of compaction presses
- CO2 reduction in sintering furnaces
- Sustainability and carbon footprint of high-temperature sintering
- Achieving zero carbon in PM operations
To learn about these topics in more detail, read ‘Euro PM2021: A view to CO2 reduction across the Powder Metallurgy workflow’ in PM Review, Spring 2022.