Ceratizit Group has produced a video looking back on more than 90 years of company history. In just over three minutes the video shows the path from its small beginnings in Reutte and Mamer to becoming a global player in the hard metal industry.
The history of the Ceratizit Group began in 1921 in Reutte, Austria, with the founding of Metallwerk Plansee by Dr Paul Schwarzkopf. In Luxembourg, where the Group is now headquartered, Dr Nicolas Lanners founded Cerametal in 1931. The Ceratizit Group was formed in 2002 from the merger of Cerametal and Plansee Tizit.
“The steady expansion of the global operations and our main production sites in Mamer and Reutte, as well as strategic acquisitions and cooperations in Asia, Europe and the United States, have made us one of the world’s leading companies in the carbide sector, known for the highest quality and reliability. Innovative and flexible thinking, professionalism and the intensive exchange with our customers set us apart,” the company stated.